Animals In Print
The On-Line Newsletter
From 28 July 2009 Issue
Rimadyl Kills, Please Protect your Dogs!!
In 1997, Pfizer introduced what was to become one of the most prescribed drugs in veterinary medicine, Rimadyl. Rimadyl now accounts for several Adverse Drug Events and death in dogs. Rimadyl (Carprofen) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
If you choose to continue using Rimadyl, please adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do not use with other NSAIDS
- Do not use with corticosteroids e.g. prednisone, prednisolone, dexamethasone
- Have your pet's blood checked regularly for kidney and liver function (note that by the time these tests become abnormal, the level of dysfunction will be very high)
- Do not use in pet with liver or kidney problems.
- Discontinue use at the first sign of toxicity and seek professional help
- Pray really hard
- When your vet prescribes this for your dog,make sure you ask your vet for the client information sheet on this! and Please read all very carefully!! To report a suspected adverse reaction call 1-800-366-5288.
This drug continues to kill dogs everyday!!
I lost my beautiful little Katy to this horrible drug. This has to STOP NOW!!!
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION NOW http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/rimadyl-kills-please-protect-your-dogs
Please also consider joining Facebook Cause Rimadyl Kills, Protect your Dogs!
SOURCE; Roni Goldberg .
Go on to Next Newsletter Topic
Return to 28 July 2009 Issue
Return to Newsletter Directory
| Home Page | Newsletter Directory |
Please send comments and submittals to
the Editor: Linda Beane [email protected]
Animals in Print - A Newsletter concerned with: advances, alerts, animal, animals, attitude, attitudes, beef, cat, cats, chicken, chickens, compassion, consciousness, cows, cruelty, dairy, dog, dogs, ecology, egg, eggs, education, empathy, empathize, empathise, environment, ethics, experiment, experiments, factory, farm, farms, fish, fishing, flesh, food, foods, fur, gentleness, health, human, humans, non-human, hunting, indifference, intelligent, intelligence, kindness, lamb, lambs, liberation, medical, milk, natural, nature, newsletters, pain, pig, pigs, plant, plants, poetry, pork, poultry, research, rights, science, scientific, society, societies, species, stories, study, studies, suffering, test, testing, trapping, vegetable, vegetables, vegan, veganism, vegetarian, vegetarianism, water, welfare
This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.