Moving people toward compassionate living
Your letters and calls do help!
|Originally Posted: 17 Sep 2010|
Senate Needs Major Push to Pass Animal Protection Bills
Contact your U.S. Senators and ask them to take action on the bills below before this session ends and it is too late!
Contact your U.S. Senators
INFORMATION / TALKING POINTS
The end of the 2009-2010 legislative session is fast approaching and the U.S. Senate is simply sitting on major animal protection bills, some passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in 2009.
There is still time for the Senate to take action on these bills, but they need a push from constituents to let them know that legislation to provide better protection for animal is important to voters. The bills range from ending the interstate primate pet trade to banning the distribution of crush videos, and even ending research on great apes.
While it is unrealistic to expect the Senate to approve all of the bills below, they owe it to the American public to give fair consideration to many bills that have already passed the scrutiny of the House instead of letting these bills sit in committee without any further attention.
For details on these bills - https://secure2.convio.net/navs/site/Advocacy?s_oo=8B5AMezYGjDP0nL8tPBGFQ..&id=406
• The Captive Primate Safety Act, H.R. 80
• The Restore Our American Mustangs Act, H.R. 1018
• The Truth in Fur Labeling Act, H.R. 2480
• The Prevention of Interstate Commerce in Animal Crush Videos Act of 2010, H.R. 5566
• The Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2009, S. 619
• The Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act of 2009, S. 727
• The Pet Safety and Protection Act of 2009 S. 1834
• The Puppy Uniform Protection and Safety Act (PUPS Act), S. 3424
• The Great Ape Protection Act, S. 3694
Thank you for everything you do for animals!