Moving people toward compassionate living
Your letters and calls do help!
|Originally Posted: 20 July 2011|
Tell Secretary of Agriculture to Subsidize Organic Vegan Farming
Tell Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack, to encourage subsidizing organic vegan farming to provide sustainable agriculture and healthy food.
an online petition:
And/Or make direct contact:
INFORMATION / TALKING POINTS
Subsidize Organic Vegan Farming
1. We need to subsidize Organic Vegan Farming more than what exists for corporate animal farming.
2. Organic Vegan Farming is an environment friendly agriculture that we should choose for a sustainable living. It can absorb CO2 in the atmosphere to decelerate climate change.
3. Subsidizing organic farming can produce abundant nutrient and healthy foods for all consumers with affordable price which in return will reduce the Medicare cost tremendously. It is the first baby step to accommodate the trend of increasing population who are on a plant-based diet.
4. Subsidizing organic farming can encourage and help animal farmers to make smooth transition to organic vegan farmers. The policy will help to reduce methane, the most potent Greenhouse Gas and the primary killer for the current climate change disasters all over the world.
5. It is the greenest policy with least economic impact to US and each individual.
Thank you for everything you do for animals!