Animals in Heaven – 2
When reading the Bible, we need to remember that the Bible was written for the benefit of us human beings, but within the message to us there is ample evidence that animals will be in heaven, just as humans are. Let’s begin with what Paul wrote to the Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 15:35-44.
35. But someone will say, “How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?”
Then Paul explains by comparing fleshly bodies with plants.
36. You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies;
37. and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
38. But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own.
Then Paul talks about living beings.
39. All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fish.
Note specifically that Paul just explains the differences between living beings, but does not exclude any of them, and then he includes the other things God created.
40. There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another.
41. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.
And then Paul returns to talking about the restoration of the dead living beings.
42. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;
43. it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
44. it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
Throughout this passage, Paul has not excluded any animals. He keeps including them without naming them or humans. He combines them together as perishable and natural bodies, which all living beings are, and they are all raised imperishable and spiritual.
Yes, Paul is saying that all living fleshly animals and humans will we raised as spiritual beings and live forever in heaven.
Animals are in Heaven!