Living in the Will of God – 13 Noah’s Ark
In Genesis 6:14-22, God has Noah build Him an ark upon which to save Noah’s family and the many animals He wants to save. And, even though it was really God’s ark, it has commonly been referred to as Noah’s Ark, as we are doing here.
14. Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood; you shall make the ark with rooms, and shall cover it inside and out with pitch.
15. And this is how you shall make it: the length of the ark three hundred cubits [450 feet], its breadth fifty cubits [75 feet], and its height thirty cubits [45feet].
16. You shall make a window for the ark, and finish it to a cubit from the top; and set the door of the ark in the side of it; you shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.
17. And behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.
God is bringing His judgment upon the unrepentant world.
18. But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark — you and your sons and your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.
19. And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.
20. Of the birds after their kind, and of the animals after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every kind shall come to you to keep them alive.
Note specifically that the animals will come to Noah and that Noah doesn’t have to go get them. This is a strong indication that these animals are listening to God and following His direction, which is something that all of us should do.
21. And as for you, take for yourself some of all food which is edible, and gather it to yourself; and it shall be for food for you and for them.”
They were on the ark for nearly a year, and in those days there was no commercial refrigeration, and no one on the ark ate another living being, for there were two of each species of animal to keep alive; therefore, all of the food must have been plant food.
God was ending the root cause of violence in the world: the killing and eating of animals. He was returning the world back into the vegan world He created it to be.
22. Thus Noah did; according to all that God had commanded him, so he did.
As we saw previously, God waited patiently for the people of the world to repent during the 120 years that it took Noah to build the ark, and it appears that no one repented.
At least today we see a small percentage of our population who have allowed their hearts to be softened to really feel the pain and suffering of the whole of creation, including the millions of our fellow human beings and the billions of animals who suffer and die at the hands of wicked and hard of heart humans every year.
Those who feel the pain of creation and have repented of their past sins and contributions to causing so much pain and suffering through our violence and warring madness, have changed into the peacemaking children of God. They do everything in their power to free creation from its present corruption; and in this changed state of being they no longer eat, wear, or use any other living being.
They live a vegan lifestyle to the glory of God, and in His heavenly will.