A COMPASSION INTERNET CHRISTIAN CHURCH MINISTRY
See updated page here!
Info prior to May 2011:
We are offering services in two areas: 1) an intercessory prayer ministry for pet owners, whose pets are sick, near death or who have died, and 2) an intercessory prayer for the animal movements and various public animal issues. This will include going to peopleís homes or other locations to pray for them and their animals. And it will include praying for the animal movement as part of our daily activities.
Our coordinator is an ethical and religious vegetarian and militantly against hunting for population control who also believe that animals have eternal souls and a relationship with God. Our coordinator is a committed, lifelong Christian animal activist and environmentalist.
We would like to focus our animal related ministry, providing services and opportunities which have not yet been currently addressed by the Christian animal rights movement that we feel are necessary for growing the movement.
Contact Daniel Salomon by email or call (301) 801-3908
More about Daniel, his education, work and vision...
Daniel has a Master of Arts degree in Research from Andover Newton Theological School, as well as a Graduate Certificate in Science and Religion, with a concentration in Religion and Ecology, from the Schools of the Boston Theological Institute. He grew up Jewish, but converted to Christianity later in life. He is currently a non-denominational Christian.
As a 29-year old male living with Aspergerís (a neurological condition) he has a special sensitivity to animal life.
He has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Liberal Studies from Salisbury [State] University, in Maryland, with concentrations in Biology, Environmental Studies and Conflict Analysis/Dispute Resolution, in addition to a Naturalist Certificate from the Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies, in Michigan. He has also taken courses in animal ethics and animal behavior science.
Author of Creation Unveiled (USA: Xulon Press, 2003), Christian Environmental Studies: an Educational Module with Syllabuses and a Sample Lecture (Amazon.com, Kindle Edition, 2008), and Human-Animal Reconciliation: Franciscan Faith-based Interspecies Communications and Its Implications for Wildlife Management (Amazon.com, Kindle Edition, 2008) (see the All-Creatures review of this book).
Daniel is a Novice in the Order of Ecumenical Franciscans, a non-Roman Catholic Franciscan Order. He is a member of Cedar Ridge Community Church, in Spencerville, Maryland.
- Animal theology
- Science and Religion
- Franciscan Studies
- Girardian Theory
- Disability Studies
Personal life missions:
- work towards human-animal reconciliation
- study God-world relationships
- foster Christian-secular environmentalist/animal rights dialogue
- popularize the Christian environmental/animal rights perspective
- honor the Earth, yet worship Yahweh
- try to do Godís will for Godís Creation
Long term goals:
- start a trade journal for animal theologians, written by and for people in the animal theology field
- start an in-person support group in the Washington D.C. area for Christian vegetarians with the goal of creating a sense of community, building relationships and providing networking opportunities
- offer environmental consulting services to use faith-based interspecies communications techniques to deal with wildlife and other animal pest problems. This will also involve gathering more evidence to support my nonviolent wildlife management praxis recovered in Human-Animal Reconciliation: Franciscan Faith-based Interspecies Communications and Its Implications for Wildlife Management (Amazon.com, Kindle Addition, 2008) as well as honing in on techniques for being more effective in this endeavor
- ultimate dream...to start a Master of Arts Program in Christian Environmental Studies, which I outlined in Christian Environmental Studies: an Educational Module with Syllabuses and a Sample Lecture (Amazon.com, Kindle Addition, 2008).
Contact Daniel Salomon by email or call (301) 801-3908.
Christian Ministries for Animals and the People Who Care About Them
Return to Church
suggestions and additions are welcome
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Nature Studies | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.