CVA Advisory Board
From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
CVA Advisory Board
Stephen R.L. Clark, M.A., D.Phil.
- Chief editor, Journal of Applied Philosophy
- Editor, Philosophy at Large
- Advisory Board Member, International Network for Religion and Animals
- Member, Farm Animal Welfare Council (MAFF)
- Author of many books on ethics and theology, including Animals and their Moral Standing, God, Religion and Reality and Biology and Christian Ethics
Fr. John Dear, S.J.
- Former Executive Director of the Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR)
- Author of 17 books on peace and justice, including Living Peace, published by Doubleday.
Daniel Dombrowski, Ph.D.
- Professor of Philosophy, Seattle University
- Author of 11 books, including The Philosophy of Vegetarianism, Christian Pacifism, and Not Even a Sparrow Falls: The Philosophy of Stephen R.L. Clark
Rondy Elliott, R.N., C.S., M.T.S.
- Founder, Duke Chapel Blessing of Animals Worship Service, ongoing since 1988
- Author Ethical Vegetarianism As Consistent With New Testament Themes,
- Board of Directors "Culture and Animals Foundation (CAF)," 1990-2005
(Raleigh, North Carolina, based group chaired and founded by Professor tom
Regan, offering grants to animal rights activists in the fields of art,
literature, and the dramatic arts. CAF sponsored an international event, the
"Compassionate Living Festival" each year for nearly two decades.)
William Greenway, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Philosophical Theology
- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
Rev. Frank L. and Mary T. Hoffman
Stephen R. Kaufman, M.D.
The Revd Professor Andrew Linzey, PhD, DD
- Member of the Faculty of Theology, University of Oxford
- Senior Research Fellow in Theology and Animals
- Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford, and Honorary Professor, University of Birmingham
- Author of numerous books on Christianity and animal protection, including Christianity and the Rights of Animals, Animal Theology, and Animal Gospel
Rev. Linda Elkin McDaniel
- Ordained Elder in the United Methodist Church
Dr. Rod Preece
- Professor of Political Philosophy, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Author, Animals and Nature and many other books
Stephen Webb, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor of Religion and Philosophy, Wabash College
- Author of six books, including Good Eating: The Bible, Diet, and the Proper Love of Animals, and On God and Dogs: A Christian Theology of Compassion for Animals
Richard Alan Young, Ph.D.
- Professor of New Testament Studies, Temple Baptist Seminary Founder and board member, EarthCare
- Author, Is God a Vegetarian? Christianity, Vegetarianism, and Animal Rights and Healing the Earth : A Theocentric Perspective on Environmental Problems and Their Solutions
See also: Advisory Board