July 19th is National (Veggie) Hot Dog Day!
July 19 has been declared National Hot Dog Day by
the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council. However, Compassion Over
Killing (www.COK.net), has declared it
National VEGGIE Hot Dog Day. You can participate in many ways and
here’re some ideas:
- Organize a Veggie Dog Feed-In: One of the best ways to encourage
vegetarian eating is to pass out free samples of delicious meat-free
- Distribute COK's New Flyer, available in PDF at
- Submit a short letter to the editor about the misery endured by
pigs on today’s factory farms.
- Take some extra veggie dogs to lunch to share with your co-workers
or fellow students.
- Tell your friends and family how animals are mistreated on farms,
and encourage them to choose vegetarian foods.
For more information and tips, please visit
Your question and comments are welcome