1 lb. Whole Wheat Lasagna
3 lbs. Spinach, fresh or frozen
1 qt. Spaghetti Sauce, vegan
28 oz. can Tomatoes, crushed
1 Onion, large, diced
1-1/2 tbsp. Garlic, crushed
1-1/2 tsp. Oregano, dried
1-1/2 tsp. Sweet Basil, dried
1/4 tsp. Fennel Seed (optional)
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
1 lb. Tofu, firm
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
2/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
3 tbsp. Corn Starch
- If you are preparing your own sauce, begin by adding all the sauce
ingredients pot and simmer until the onions are thoroughly cooked.
- If using frozen spinach, defrost it and add to the sauce when the
sauce is cooked and continue cooking until it begin to boil, then remove
from the heat.
- If using fresh spinach, chop or cut into 3/4-1 inch pieces, and
cook with the sauce as above.
- Place the tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and cornstarch in a
high speed blender and blend at high speed until creamy smooth.
- While the spinach is cooking, cook the lasagna in a separate pot
until tender. Rinse with cold and place back into the pot with a little
- In a large glass baking dish, place a layer of the spinach and
sauce, then place a layer of lasagna, followed by a thin layer of the
tofu cream. Repeat making successive layers in the same order until all
Ingredients are used or until the baking dish is full. Try to have at
least three sets of layers.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F. for 30 - 45 minutes. Remove, let
cool for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Your question and comments are welcome