Crumpets - Un-Cheese
6-8 Crumpets, unflavored or garlic
1 Onion. medium size
1 - 15-oz. can White Beans
2/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
2 tbsp. Corn Starch
Hot Sauce (to taste)
Parsley (optional for garnish)
Note: The un-cheese sauce in this recipe will make about 12 to
16 un-cheese crumpet halves. If you wish to make a smaller quantity, the
left-over un-cheese sauce can be stored in a tightly sealed container in
the refrigerator for a few days.
- Open the can of white beans, pour off any excess liquid, and put
the beans into the container of a high-speed blender.
- Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, corn starch, and some hot
sauce (if desired). Cover the blender container and turn on the blender
to "high", and blend all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel and wash the onion, and slice into thin slices.
- Split the crumpets in half, and place the halves on a microwaveable
plate with the split sides up (the crumpet halves may be toasted first,
- Spoon the un-cheese sauce onto each crumpet half, and smooth out to
- Arrange some of the onion rings on top of each crumpet half and
sprinkle some paprika on top.
- Place the plate of un-cheese crumpets in the microwave oven and
cook on "high" until the un-cheese sauce becomes firm and the onions are
cooked (five halves take about 2-1/2 minutes).
- Garnish with a sprig or two of parsley, serve and enjoy!
Your question and comments are welcome