From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
White Bean and Roasted Vegetable Spread
1 red pepper, destemmed, deseeded, and quartered lengthwise
1 medium onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 - 15 oz. can cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
3 T. freshly chopped parsley
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place the pepper and onion in
rows on the foil.
- Broil the vegetables for 5-7 minutes or until slightly
charred, and remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
- Flip over the
vegetables, add the cloves of garlic to the cookie sheet, return the cookie
sheet to the oven, and broil an additional 5-7 minutes to slightly char the
- Allow the vegetables to cool slightly and then gently remove the
skin from the peppers.
- In a food processor or blender, place the roasted
vegetables, white beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and process until
- Add the parsley and process for an additional 30 seconds to
thoroughly incorporate it.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl. Use as a
spread on crackers, bread, or sandwiches, or serve with raw vegetables.
Yield: 2 Cups
Read more at