Serves: 10 - Preparation time: 1.5 hours
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed bananas (Takes 2-3 Bananas)
1/2 cup vegetable Oil
Equivalent of 2 or 3 Eggs (Ener-G, 5 tablespoon water + 3 1/2
1/3 cup soy-buttermilk*
*To make buttermilk, combine 1 cup soymilk with 1 tablespoon of
vinegar. This can be used on a 1:1 ratio with buttermilk, so 1/3 cup
of this = 1/3 cup buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix flour, vegan sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing
- Mix bananas, oil, and buttermilk* in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the banana mixture with the large bowl containing dry
ingredients, and stir well. Add the Ener-G Egg Replacer in now, and
stir well again. (Optional: add 1/2 cup pecans).
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch bread pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a
toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Your question and comments are welcome