From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Curried Christmas Timbales With Bell Pepper Relish
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 cup (120 ml) raw Brazil nuts or cashews
1 pound (450g) firm tofu, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- To make the timbales, preheat the oven to 350 degrees (Gas Mark 4)
and line a 6-section muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Grind the Brazil
nuts into a coarse chunky meal in the food processor.
- Drain the liquid from the tofu, rinse with cool water, and drain.
Add the tofu to the Brazil nuts in the food processor along with the
- Process until blended to a creamy consistency. If
the mixture is too dry or crumbly, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water to
moisten, and process.
- Spoon the Curried Timbale mixture into the prepared muffin pan,
packing the mixture down to fill any air spaces. Smooth the tops and
place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake the timbales for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and
cool 10 minutes. Invert the timbales onto an attractive platter and
remove the parchment papers.
- Arrange the timbales in a circle leaving
the center open.
- Top each timbale with a spoonful of Bell Pepper Relish and decorate
the edges of the platter with the remainder of the relish.
- Fill the
center of the platter with Steamed Brussels Sprouts, and serve.
Read more at Vegan Recipes