Carrots and Nothing Else Cake
Preparation time: 20 minutes
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup apple sauce (you can use oil also if you don't want the
"lower fat" version)
3 "eggs"-- flax seed and Ener-g eggs both work well
3 cups shredded carrot
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon or pie spice
- This is a modified version of a carrot cake recipe I have. All
of the vegan recipes I was finding had other ingredients (pineapple,
coconut, etc) in them. I wanted straight up carrot cake. This makes
a nice, moist cake. My officemate and carrot cake lover requests
- Mix all of the wet ingredients and the sugar in a bowl until
well mixed. Add the carrots and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Once both
bowls are ready, mix together to form batter.
- Pour into a 9 by 13 cake pan. Put into preheated 350 degree
oven for about 40 minutes. It is done when a toothpick comes out
clean. If you use other sized pans (rounds, for example) be sure to
adjust your baking time.
- Let cool and enjoy! I just put powered sugar on mine but you
can be more creative.
- Feel free to also add other goodies, like coconut, walnuts, or
whatever sounds good to you.
Your question and comments are welcome