1/2 block of Extra Firm tofu (I used a 16 oz package)
1 T olive oil
5 strips of vegan bacon
1/2 an onion
1-2 cups of frozen spinach
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 t garlic powder
salt and pepper
6 Ritz crackers (because bread crumbs tend to always have milk in
1 t Earth Balance
1 t nutritional yeast
1. Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F.
2. Squeeze as much liquid out of the tofu as you can and then crumble
it up into a baking dish. Make sure you get most of the big chunks
crumbled down. (Kinda like you're making tofu scramble)
3. Put some olive oil into a pan and cook your vegan bacon until it's
super crispy. Then eat two of them. Chop the vegan bacon into pieces and
add it to the baking dish.
4. Chop up your onion (I did this as the bacon was cooking) and add
it to the pan. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until the onion is
soft and translucent. Once cooked, add it to the tofu and bacon in the
5. Microwave the frozen spinach until it's thawed. Add that to the
6. Stir everything.
7. Add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Again,
8. Press the tofu/spinach/vegan bacon/etc. mixture down into the
9. Make the crumbly topping by crushing up the crackers, adding the
nutritional yeast, and rubbing in the Earth Balance. Spread the topping
over the top of the soufflé.
10. Bake for about 20 minutes or so. Twenty minutes worked out fine
for me, but the time may vary depending on the size of your baking dish.
I'd check it after 15 minutes or so...and keep an eye on it..
Your question and comments are welcome