From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
A Very Modern Waldorf Salad
Juice of 1 lemon
4 ripe pears, cored and sliced
4 sticks celery, thinly sliced
3 carrots, grated
125 g / 4 1/2 oz walnuts, coarsely chopped
150 g / 5 1/2 oz raisins
1 T fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
2 T red wine vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
4 T walnut oil
1 T vegetable oil
Salt and black pepper
- Combine the lemon juice with 120 ml / 4 oz water in a large bowl.
the pears and toss until they are coated.
- Leave for 10 minutes then drain.
- Make the dressing: put all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake
vigorously until they are thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Put the celery, carrots, walnuts and raisins into a serving bowl.
the pears and fresh mint.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Read more at