Ketchup, onion, and chili perfectly season this vegan spin on an
2 Tbsp. (1/4 stick) margarine or water
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
1 lb. firm tofu, patted dry and mashed
6 Tbsp. ketchup
6 Tbsp. chili sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
4 burger buns, lightly toasted
• Heat the margarine or water in a large skillet over medium heat.
• Add the onion and green pepper, and sautè or boil until the
vegetables are well cooked, about 5 minutes.
• Add the mashed tofu and sautè for another 15 minutes, until the
tofu is completely cooked.
• Add the ketchup, chili sauce, salt, and pepper and continue to cook
over low heat until the mixture is heated through. Add a little water if
the mixture is too dry.
• Spoon onto lightly toasted burger buns.
Makes 4 servings.
Your question and comments are welcome