Quick Shepherd's Pie
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
4 veggie burgers, thawed and crumbled
1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1-1/2 Cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
3-4 Cups leftover mashed potatoes OR Instant mashed potato flakes +
ingredients for 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté
- Add burger chunks, tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer until most of
the liquid is gone.
- Transfer burger mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole or
glass baking dish.
- Layer vegetables on top. Spread mashed potatoes on top of
- Bake 12 minutes or until heated through.
Your question and comments are welcome