Dijon Mushroom Potatoes
Tops 4 medium jacket potatoes
* 1 medium onion
* 1 sweet green bell pepper
* 1 small carrot, about 50g (2oz)
* 225g (8oz) mushrooms
* 100ml (4 fl oz, 1/2 C) water or vegetable stock (can use a cube)
* 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
* 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
* 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
* freshly-ground black pepper
1. Chop the onion, deseed and chop the green pepper, peel and
grate the carrot and slice the mushrooms, halving them across the other
way first if they are large.
2. Sauté the vegetables in the water or stock, in a large
frying pan (skillet), until most of the liquid is gone and the
vegetables are soft.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl, adding a
bit more water if you wish (makes a thinner sauce) and add to the
vegetables in the pan. Mix well and cook, stirring, over low heat for
about a minute until thickened.
4. Serve poured over hot, split baked potatoes with a crisp
Your question and comments are welcome