Tofutti Jalapeno Poppers
12 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, tops and seeds
1 x 8 ounce container of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1 Cup soy milk
1 Cup flour
1 Cup breadcrumbs
Oil for deep frying
- Fill the jalapeno peppers with the Tofutti Better Than Cream
Put the soy milk and the flour into two separate bowls.
- Dip the stuffed jalapenos into the soy milk and then into the
flour, making sure that they are well-coated.
- Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos into the soy milk again and roll them through the
- Allow them to dry then repeat the process to ensure that the entire
surface of each jalapeno is coated.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 370F.
- Deep fry the jalapenos for about 3 minutes or until golden brown
then transfer them to paper towels to drain.
Your question and comments are welcome