Mint Chocolate Cake
Makes 1 9X13-inch cake
For the cake
2 1/4 cups flour
4 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 9- × 13-inch nonstick baking pan.
- Combine and mix the dry ingredients until blended well. Add the wet
ingredients and stir quickly. - Once smooth, pour the batter into the
pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (Note: As each oven is different,
after 20 minutes, check the cake by inserting a fork or knife into it.
If the utensil comes out clean, it’s done!)
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting with icing (recipe
For the icing
1 12-ounce bag dairy-free chocolate chips
1/4 cup soy or rice milk
1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- Melt the chips in a saucepan over very low heat. Add the vegan milk
and peppermint extract.
- Stir continuously, adding more vegan milk or mint extract, until
reaching the desired consistency and taste.
- Let icing cool completely before frosting the cake.
Your question and comments are welcome