Finger Lickin' Tofu Nuggets
There’s some preparation that involves draining and freezing the
tofu for 24 hours, so be sure to plan ahead.
1 package (14 oz.) of extra-firm tofu
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
salt (to taste)
1/2 cup water
- Unwrap tofu and shake off excess moisture; place in freezer bag
or wrap well in plastic, then freeze the sealed tofu for at least 24
- The next day, thaw tofu by placing it (unwrapped) into a
microwave-safe bowl; cover the bowl and microwave on high, checking
every 2 to 3 minutes to make sure the tofu doesn’t cook; once
thoroughly defrosted, gently squeeze out excess moisture & cut into
- In a shallow bowl, add bread crumbs and spices and mix well; in
a separate bowl, pour ½ cup of water.
- Dip each piece of tofu first into the water, lightly shake off
any excess water, and then coat with the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Put the breaded cubes on a lightly oiled baking pan and bake at
350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a dipping sauce such as barbecue or spicy mustard.
Your question and comments are welcome