Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon ground flax seed + 2/3 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 avocados, mashed (eat the other half in an avocado-dilla!)
- a few handfuls of chocolate chips
- Preheat to 350. Cream the margarine, sugar, and vanilla
together. Then add your flax eggs, then the avocado. (I just added
it straight up and let the Cuisinart standing mixer do the work, but
mash it before hand or puree it you are not in possession of one of
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking soda, baking powder, salt,
flour, and cocoa powder. Add dry to the wet. You may need to add a
splash of non-dairy milk depending on the texture.
- After all is mixed, add in your handfuls of chocolate chips.
Bake for 25 minutes! Makes 10 giant muffins or 12 normal sized ones.
Your question and comments are welcome