Classic Quiche Florentine
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 Tbs. olive oil
18 oz. firm silken style tofu (about 1 ½ packages)
1/2 Tbs. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbs. nutritional yeast* (optional)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
1/8 cup meat-free “bacon-style” bits
1 pie crust shell, not baked
* Not to be confused with brewer's yeast, nutritional yeast can
be found at your local natural foods store.
- Cook onions in olive oil until they are almost translucent
(about 5 minutes) and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine tofu, tomato paste, turmeric,
garlic powder, nutritional yeast (optional), salt & pepper; blend
until smooth (the mixture will resemble a thick batter).
- In a large bowl, combine onions, tofu mixture, spinach, and
“bacon-style” bits; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour quiche mixture into the pie crust, distributing evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven on a baking sheet for 45 to 50
minutes or until the top is slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Your question and comments are welcome