Peachy Bean Cashew Salad
2 cups of fresh green beans
2 fresh peaches, diced
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
3 Tbs. soy sauce
coarse sea or kosher salt (to taste)
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1-2 tsp. canola oil
1 package tempeh (try Tofurky Smoky "Bacon")
1/2 cup lightly salted & roasted cashew halves and pieces
- Trim green beans and cut in half; steam for 5-7 minutes or
until tender but still bright green.
- Combine green beans and peaches in a medium non-reactive bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by whisking together
- Pour dressing on the green bean mixture and toss gently; let
mixture marinate while browning tempeh.
- Pour canola oil into a large cast iron skillet and use a paper
towel to distribute it evenly.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high, cook tempeh strips a couple
of minutes on each side or until they are lightly browned and heated
- Remove tempeh to a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces;
let cool enough that they won't fall apart and then gently
incorporate the tempeh and cashews into the green bean and peach
salad. Serve immediately.
Your question and comments are welcome