Pumpkin Harvest Rice
•4 cups vegetable broth
•2 cups SunWest Harvest Medley Rice or other sweet rice medley
•2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
•2 cups pumpkin, cooked or canned
•2 small apples, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
•1 medium yellow onion, chopped
•1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
•1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium pot, combine vegetable broth, rice, and 1
tablespoon olive oil. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover
tightly and simmer for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow rice to rest for 5 minutes before
fluffing with a fork. In a large pan or skillet, heat remaining
tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add onions, apples, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt, sautéing
until apples are just tender.
- Fold in pumpkin, distributing evenly, and heat until warm.
- Serve pumpkin mixture over a bed of the rice. Enjoy!.
Your question and comments are welcome