Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
•3 tbs ground flaxseed
•1/2 cup water
•1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
•1/2 cup applesauce
•1/2 cup canola oil
•2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
•3 cups whole wheat flour
•1 tsp each cinnamon, fresh nutmeg, and ground ginger
•1 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tsp baking powder
•3/4 tsp salt
•1 cup chopped walnuts
•sprinkles of oats and sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water until thickened.
- Combine flax mixture in a large bowl with sugar, applesauce,
oil, and pumpkin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, spices, baking soda,
baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in the walnuts.
Lightly grease loaf pans. Divide into
two regular 8 inch loaf pans or four mini loaf pans.
- If you'd like, sprinkle on some oats or turbinado to garnish.
- Bake the large loaves for about 55 minutes and the smaller
loaves for about 40 minutes.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Your question and comments are welcome