Tex-Mex Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 4
2 lbs. zucchini or summer squash
150 grams tempeh
1 onion, chopped
1 oz. chili peppers, de-seeded and chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
8 oz. soy cheese, shredded
1 cup soy cream
1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
soy cheese (optional but nice)
- Slice squash 1/4-inch thick.
- Saute the tempeh until golden brown.
- Set aside in a mixing bowl and add a bit of oil to the pan,
saute the onions and zucchini slightly.
- Saute until the onion is glassy and the zucchini a bit softer,
but still al dente.
- Add the onions and zucchini to the tempeh.
- Add chili and jalapeno peppers, shredded soy cheese and sour
soy cream; toss gently so squash will not be mashed.
- Crush the tortilla chips in the bag.
- Spread half of crushed chips on bottom of a greased 2-quart
- Pour the squash mixture in dish and sprinkle the remaining
chips on top.
- Dust with paprika.
Cook 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 (C).
A few minutes before serving, remove the casserole and grate a
fine layer of soy cheese on top. Replace the meal in the oven to
melt the cheese.
This casserole can be served over couscous or rice but is also
Your question and comments are welcome