From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Cheesy Egg Breakfast Sandwich
3-4 slices medium firm tofu
2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
1 sprinkle onion powder
pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast, divided
1/2 tablespoon vegan margarine
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 tablespoon prepared hummus
ketchup, to serve
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce on each slice of tofu. Sprinkle with
onion powder and pepper, on both sides.
- Rub 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast on each side of the tofu.
- Place tofu in a nonstick skillet and cook until golden brown on each
- Remove tofu and set aside.
- In same pan, melt the margarine. Place the slice of bread in pan and
crisp until golden brown.
- Remove bread and spread the on the hummus.
- Top bread with tofu slices.
- Fold bread in half to form a little sandwich.
- Dip in ketchup, and enjoy.
Read more at