Each bite is complete with a smooth sweet coconut flavor and a
kick of lime and spice at the end!
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
2 tablespoons finely grated peeled ginger
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup organic peanut butter
2 teaspoons tumeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
1 cup water
1 14 ounce can coconut milk
1 tablespoons fresh lime juice and 1 ½ teaspoons lime zest
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 14-ounce package organic firm tofu, drained, cut into 1 inch
1 sweet potato, cubed and steamed
1 bunch kale, ripped into bite size pieces
1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shallots,
ginger, and garlic until tender (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in peanut butter, turmeric, cumin, and curry paste until
fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in water, coconut milk, lime juice and zest, and brown
sugar and let simmer. Season with salt.
- Add tofu, sweet potato, and kale and let cook on low heat
covered for 20 minutes, or until kale is wilted.
- Garnish with cashews and enjoy a la carte or serve over rice or
Your question and comments are welcome