Zesty Citrus Summer Salad
3 cans black beans, rinsed & drained
5 ears fresh corn
½ large red onion, peeled & finely diced
30 grape tomatoes, rinsed, drained, & halved
3 large naval oranges, peeled, separated into sections & halved
several handfuls of fresh baby spinach
sweet & spicy paprika pecans (optional)
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup + 2 Tbs. light-colored vinegar
zest from 3 large navel oranges
1-2 tsp. spicy chili sauce
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. ground cumin
small handful fresh cilantro, leaves & tender stems only, rinsed
& allowed to dry
half a small handful of fresh mint, leaves only, rinsed & allowed
coarse sea or kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper (to
- Shuck corn, rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast at
400 F for about 15 minutes, until a few brown spots appear; once
cooled cut corn off the cob.
- Place black beans in large bowl and add corn; add remaining
ingredients; gently combine.
- Make the dressing by placing all dressing ingredients in a food
processor fitted with a metal blade; process until well combined.
- Drizzle veggies with dressing and mix gently.
- Serve over spinach topped with optional sweet & spicy pecans.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Your question and comments are welcome