Serving Size: 1 Person
Portobello mushroom - 4 ounces
Tamari (low-sodium) - 1 ounces
Worchestershire sauce (vegetarian) - 1 ounces
Pepper, cracked - 1 ounces
Red onion (large) - 3 ounces
Whole grain bun - 1 bun
Hummus - 1 ounces
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Snap the stems off the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms face-up on a baking sheet.
- Splash a few drops of tamari and Worcestershire (beer splash is
optional) into each cap.
- Place the stems into the caps.
- Cook in a casserole dish for 10–15 minutes, until the mushrooms are
soft and filled with liquid.
- Enjoy the stems as starters!
- Cook the onion rounds on high heat in a sprayed skillet for 5
minutes, stirring often, until wilted and brown.
- Spread the buns with Dijon mustard or hummus.
- Place each mushroom on a toasted bun with cooked onion, tomato,
lettuce or spinach, and your favorite fixings.
Serve with healthy fries.
Your question and comments are welcome