From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Zucchini Cakes to Fool Crabcake-Lovers
To unknowing omnis, these taste just like crabcakes. Great way to use up
an abundance of garden zucchini!
Makes: 8 patties, Preparation time: 20 min, Cooking time: 15 min
3 cups zucchini (about 1 medium), grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 egg replacer (I used Ener-G)
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise or yogurt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- Place grated zucchini in a colander with salt, and let stand 30
minutes. I found a salad shooter to be very helpful with grating.
- Gently press with paper towels to absorb as much moisture as you can.
It should be fairly dry and should measure about 2 cups now.
- Place remaining ingredients (except oil) with zucchini in a bowl, and
- Form into 8 patties, and chill for about 15 minutes or so.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add patties to hot
skillet and cook on both sides until browned
- Drain excess grease on paper
Read more at Vegan Recipes