From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Baked Eggplant Recipe
1/2cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 small onion, minced
1 medium/large eggplant, unpeeled
1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1/4 - 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (vegan) OR 1/3 cup finely grated vegan
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. (heaping) dried basil leaf
Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and minced onion.
- Slice off the bottom and top of the eggplant and slice into
rounds no wider than ½” thick.
- In a shallow bowl or pan, combine the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast
OR parmesan, dried oregano and dried basil.
- Spray a large baking sheet with vegetable oil spray or a light
brush of oil.
- Spread, brush, or dip each slice of eggplant into the mayonnaise
mixture, then dredge in breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place coated eggplant slices onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Repeat until all slices are coated.
- Bake eggplant slices at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Flip slices over and bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden.
- Note: if using vegan parmesan cheese, watch closely to prevent
- Serve with pasta and chunky tomato sauce. Top with additional
grated cheese, if desired.
Read more at Recipes