From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Ingredients for Base:
13 vegan Digestive biscuits (You may use any plain, sweetened wholemeal
biscuit that is vegan if you are unable to find vegan Digestives)
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of vegan butter, or coconut oil melted
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp coffee powder
1 heaped tbsp icing sugar, or confectioner’s sugar powder
zest of an orange or tangerine
2 tbsp Kahlua
a pinch of salt
Preparation for Base:
- First grease an 8 inch tin, and line it with grease-proof paper.
- Then break the digestive biscuits into a processor, and process until crumbs
- Next add the cocoa powder, the coffee powder and icing
sugar – pulse for a few seconds.
- Now add the walnuts to the processor, and process for a few moments – we
do NOT want them powdered. Then add the melted vegan butter or coconut
oil to the biscuit crumbs, and process for a half a minute.
- Next, add the zest and kahlua and process again for a few seconds.
- Your base is ready to add to your tin.
- Spoon this mixture into your lined
container, and flatten evenly with your fingers and the palms of your hands.
- Now place this in the fridge for an hour or so until cooled.
time to make your filling.
Ingredients for Filling:
1 packet (349g) Firm Silken Tofu
125g dark chocolate, melted either in the microwave or bain marie
3 tbsp cocoa powdered mixed with 50 ml of hot water (mix into a paste, and
allow to cool for a few minutes)
2 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp icing sugar, or confectioner’s sugar
shavings of dark chocolate for topping and decoration
Preparation for Filling:
- Place the tofu into your processor, and add the remaining ingredients.
Process gently for a minute or so, until the ingredients are well blended
- Spoon filling onto the biscuit base with a plastic spatula, and even out
as best you can.
- Now add shavings of your dark chocolate on top to
- Next, cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- I served mine from the tin with the grease-proof paper, which remains
intact. The advantage of this is that the tin doesn’t get scratched,
and no paper gets stuck on the biscuit base.
See more Vegan Recipes