From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
6 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (peeling is optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot
1 pie crust
1 -2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare apples.
- Boil water in a large pot and add apples and raisins.
- Turn down heat to medium and simmer apples and raisins for 10 minutes or
- Save 1/4 cup of water used for cooking apples for later use.
- Drain apples and place in large bowl.
- Mix apples with maple syrup, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add "apple water" and corn starch.
- Stir continuously until mixture is thick, then add to apple mix.
- Lastly, add whole wheat flour to mixture.
- Stir well and carefully.
- Pour final mixture into the pie crust and bake on 350 for 30 minutes, or
Read more at