- 5 pound(s) winter squash (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha, or hubbard), peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve.