From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
Mexican Tortilla Pizza
4 corn tortillas, or whole-wheat tortillas (6-inches in diameter)
1/2 cup Black Bean Dip, recipe follows
1 large tomato, seeded and diced
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the tortillas onto a baking sheet and spread 2 tablespoons of
black bean dip on top of each tortilla.
- Top with tomato and cabbage and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and sprinkle some cilantro on each
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
Black Bean Dip
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until they soften, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute more.
- Put the beans into a food processor.
- Add the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients and puree
Yield: 1 cup
See more Vegan Recipes