1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
½ cup quinoa, rinsed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup vegan sour cream
chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
chipotle chili pepper powder (optional)
1 cup frozen corn,
¾ cup shredded zucchini
¾ cup chopped tomatoes
whole wheat or gluten free tortillas
1 cup Daiya Pepper Jack or
For serving: Salsa and/or Guacamole (optional)
- Spray a medium saucepan with organic
canola spray. Add onion and jalapeno and cook for 8 to 10 minutes,
until tender. Add quinoa and garlic and sauté for one minute. Add
vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit covered
for 5 more minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and
chipotle chili pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and spray with canola
oil spray. Add corn and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add
tomatoes and cook for one additional minute. Remove vegetables from
heat and wipe pan carefully with paper towels.
- Heat tortillas a few minutes per side. Spread with a thin layer
of sour cream. Top with ¼ cup cheese, ¼ of the quinoa and ¼ of the
vegetable mixture. Roll up using toothpicks to secure.
- Return skillet to medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add 2
burritos to pan and cook each side until browned.
Your question and comments are welcome