From Christian Vegetarian Association (CVA)
14 oz. firm tofu
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1/4 cup diced peppers
1/2 tsp. dried herbs – basil, thyme, or your favorites
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard six hole size muffin tin
with cooking spray.
- Press out the moisture in the tofu using a tofu press or by placing it
between two towels and placing something heavy on top. Let rest for 15
- Meanwhile heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the vegetables
and garlic. saute until softened and season with salt, pepper, dried herbs,
and red pepper flakes.
- Add the tofu to a food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
- Remove and fold in vegetables and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust
seasoning if needed.
- Pour into muffin tin and bake for 35 minutes until beginning to brown and