Putting Glass Walls on Delaware Slaughterhouses So We Can
See Behind Closed Doors
Haass' Family Butcher Shop
Address: 3997 Hazlettville Rd, Dover, DE 19904
Establishment No.: M8892
USDA Inspection Report: 25 Apr 2012
Citation: While performing a General Labeling task the label for Haass Country Scrapple it was observed that the label was not in compliance with 317.4 of the federal code of regulations. The label was discussed with plant owner Jeff Haass and was made aware that the label was not in compliance and that two carts of scrapple will be retained until an approved label can be obtained. At 3:55 pm on 4-25-2012 the scrapple was tagged with US Retained tags # B20 465067 and Retain Tag # B20 465067.
317.2(c) Labels of all products shall show the following information on the principal display panel (except as otherwise permitted in this part), in accordance with the requirements of this part or, if applicable, part 319 of this subchapter:
(1) The name of the product, which in the case of a product which purports to be or is represented as a product for which a definition and standard of identity or composition is prescribed in part 319 of this subchapter, shall be the name of the food specified in the standard, and in the case of any other product shall be the common or usual name of the food, if any there be, and if there is none, a truthful descriptive designation, as prescribed in paragraph (e) of this section;
(2) If the product is fabricated from two or more ingredients, the word ‘‘ingredients’’ followed by a list of the ingredients as prescribed in paragraph (f) of this section;
(3) The name and place of business of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor for whom the product is prepared, as prescribed in paragraph (g) of this section;
(4) An accurate statement of the net quantity of contents, as prescribed in paragraph (h) of this section;
(5) An official inspection legend and, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (i) of this section, the number of the official establishment, in the form required by part 312 of this subchapter;
(6) Any other information required by the regulations in this part or part 319 of this subchapter.