||Scope of Professional Services
SCHEMATIC DESIGN PHASE
- Determination of basic requirements
and options including time frame, financing, functional needs, site and design.
- Preparation of initial layout and
design indicating areas of new construction, renovations and anticipated work required, if
- Preparation of anticipated
- Preparation of initial cost
- Value engineering and programmatic
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASE
- Assist in selection of qualified
design professional for completion of working drawings in accordance with initial design.
- Review and comment on proposed
- Perform comprehensive plan analysis
and provide recommendations to both the owner and architect. · Preparation of preliminary
- Presentation to owner of anticipated
costs and project schedule.
- Assist in preparation and submission
of required applications to all regulatory agencies.
CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT PHASE
- Preparation of bidding documents.
- Submission to architect required
forms for insertion into Division One (General Requirements) of the project
- Preparation of final cost estimate.
- Final review of project plans and
specifications prior to bid.
- Distribution of plans and
specifications to qualified bidders, Dodge Scan and Builders Exchanges.
- Clarification of plans and
specifications for bidders.
- Determination of acceptability of
substitutions and alternates to specified items.
- Preparation of a comprehensive
bidding report indicating: names, addresses and phone numbers of all bidders;
sequential value of bids received for each bid section,
- Preparation of a comprehensive bid
analysis showing: Original estimate per individual bid package,apparent low bid per
package, difference between estimate and low bid and recommendation of contract award.
- Background check on apparent low
- Preparation and distribution of
- Collection/verification of insurance
- Select or assist in selection of an
on-site project manager.
- Schedule and chair project
- Insure timely submission of
submittals and shop drawings for approval.
- Review and approve contractors
proposed work progress schedule.
- Periodic (usually weekly) site
visits to determine quality and acceptability of work.
- Conduct regular jobsite project
meetings with owner and contractors.
- Generate and distribute weekly
status reports depicting job progress.
- Complete project cost
accounting including: Generate and certify monthly requisitions for payment; generate and
approve change orders/purchase orders; check writing and distribution; interaction with
financial institution and general bookkeeping of all project accounts.
- Arrange for required
inspection(s) by regulatory agencies.
- Insure timely
submission of "as-built" drawings.
- Prepare final
punchlist for correction by contractors.
- Conduct eleventh
month walk-through/inspection prior to termination of one year guarantee.
- Assist owner's
representative in completing a certified a cost audit upon completion of project, if
- Prepare and deliver
to owner two volumes of approval submittal and shop drawing data.
- Retain (on microfilm)
entire project file for future reference as necessary.
- Delivery of entire
project file on Optical Compact Disc (CD) is available at added cost.
Thank you for
to this page.
All profits of F. L. Hoffman Corporation are donated to
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Neither Mary nor Frank Hoffman receive any salary from either organization.