Action Alerts - Eco
Calendar of Events
Mid-Hudson Vegetarian Society, Inc.
38 East Market Street, Rhinebeck, New York 12572 USA -
Vegetarian - Vegan - Animal Rights - Health - Nutrition - Environment
The mission of the Mid-Hudson Vegetarian Society, Inc. is to promote the vegetarian ethic in the Mid-Hudson (New York) region, educate the community and aid anyone in the pursuit of a totally vegetarian (vegan) cruelty-free and healthful lifestyle.
Banana Coconut No-Cream Pie
From the kitchen of Joy Gross
• 3 medium size bananas (thoroughly ripe)
• about 20 organic dates, split and seeded
• 2 cups nut fluff (see below)
• 1/2 to 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut, grated
• 1 and 1/2 cups pineapple juice, either fresh or unsweetened canned
• 9 oz. good quality nuts, pecans, cashews or walnuts (unsalted)
• 2 Tablespoons raw sugar (or to taste)
Place ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth. Arubber spatula will help if the ingredients get stuck. You may need to add a bit more nuts or juice to get the right consistency.
Using a nine inch Pyrex square dish or pie plate, press the dates, split side down, on the bottom. Slice the bananas on top of the dates then cover with the nut fluff. Sprinkle unsweetened coconut over all, garnish with fresh fruit and berries. This is good anytime, but especially delightful as fresh fruits come into season.
We look forward to hearing from you