Home Page
About SAEN
Articles and Reports
Contact Us
Events and Campaigns
Fact Sheets
Financial Information
How You Can Help
Make a Donation, Please!
Media Coverage
Newsletters
Petitions
Picture Archive
Press Releases
Resources and Links
Grass Roots Org. List

Stop Animal Exploitation NOW!
S. A. E. N.
"Exposing the truth to wipe out animal experimentation"

Articles and Reports

Primate Health and Well-being at the California Primate Research Center (UCD): Negligence, Stress, and Suffering
By Michael A. Budkie, A.H.T., Executive Director, SAEN
513-575-5517 saen@saenonline.org 

Experimental Deaths

318 primates at the CPRC are listed as experimental deaths/necropsied per experimental protocol. 19% (60 were either inanated or severely thin); 17% (29) were listed as dehydrated. 36% (115) suffered from lymphadenopathy and 25% (79) suffered from splenomegaly. 17% (54) suffered from gastrointestinal tract diseases.

Other disease conditions in this population of primates included: pneumonia, meningitis, jaundice, endometriosis and lung mites. Again, it is very clear that these animals have been allowed to progress to an unacceptably severe endpoint for the pathological conditions which brought about their deaths.

Go on to Summary
Return to
Primate Health and Well-being at the California Primate Research Center (UCD): Negligence, Stress, and Suffering
Return to Articles and Reports

We welcome your comments and questions


This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.
Since date.gif (991 bytes)