Articles and Reports
Events and Campaigns
How You Can Help
Make a Donation, Please!
Resources and Links
Grass Roots Org. List
S. A. E. N.
"Exposing the truth to wipe
out animal experimentation"
Victories & Highlights
and Print PDF Version
- SAEN campaigns have forced major changes within
laboratories, such as the University of Wisconsin (UW). In November of
2003 the UW changed its policy on painful experimentation in primates.
- SAEN annually coordinates both National Primate
Liberation Week and World Laboratory Animal Liberation Week to educate
the public about the abuse of animals in laboratories.
- SAEN news conferences have exposed abusive
conditions within the laboratories of Michigan State University,
University of Toledo, University of Pennsylvania, and other well-known
laboratories. Substantial government fines were levied against several
labs and one experiment ended after our campaign.
- SAEN investigations have uncovered and exposed major
abuses within primate labs at Harvard and University of Wisconsin
- SAEN has taken on the abusive animal testing of the
Procter & Gamble Corporation, meeting with company officials, supporting
anti-P&G rallies, and placing articles in important media outlets.
- SAEN staff filed the largest Official Complaint in
history with the United States Department of Agriculture, exposing
abuses of primates at nationally-known laboratories from coast to coast,
including: UCLA, UCSF, The Salk Institute, University of Washington
(Seattle), Princeton, Yale, University of Michigan, Northwestern,
Washington University (MO), Emory, University of Florida, Wake Forest,
University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill), Vanderbilt, and many other
- SAEN released a national report, The Animal
Experimentation Scandal, on animal experimentation revealing annual
expenditures by the National Institutes of Health of over $10 billion on
- SAEN released another national report, The Primate
Experimentation Scandal, exposing annual government funding of primate
experiments exceeding $650 million while over 100,000 primates are
imprisoned in labs and breeding facilities.
- SAEN (with the help of local activists) ended the
sale of former pets to labs in Nashville, (TN).
- SAEN exposed abuses within the Primate Research
Center system which annually wastes over $1.1 billion while imprisoning
over 25,000 chimpanzees, rhesus monkeys, squirrel monkeys, lemurs,
cotton-top tamarins, and primates of many other species.
- SAEN has exposed multiple instances of nationally
known labs (i.e. Harvard, Oregon Health Sciences University, University
of Washington, Tulane, and Yale) lying to the USDA.
- SAEN exposed the publication of a fraudulent
national report on animal experimentation by the USDA and provided
evidence of the fraud to the chairs of the House & Senate Agriculture
Articles and Reports