from C.A.S.H. Committee To Abolish Sport Hunting

VT: Accidental shooting sends hunter to hospital

November 12, 2018


A Vermont hunter had to be airlifted to the hospital after accidentally shooting herself during opening weekend for rifle season.

It happened just before 1 p.m. Sunday, outside of a camper in Danby.

Police say a Bellow Falls woman was removing her hunting rifle from her car. That's when they say Linda Alexander, 46, accidentally shot herself in the stomach.

They say the trigger got caught on a piece of her clothing.

Alexander was airlifted to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and is expected to make a full recovery.

See Current Hunting Accidents and Violations
See Hunting Accidents and Violations Archive: 2003-2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017