a different kind of coffee break with Gerry and Ray Coffey
Disease-Free Living Through Fitness and Nutrition
GUILT-FREE GOURMET by Gerry & Ray:
Recipes for those who wish to avoid salt/sugar/oils/flesh foods
More Recipes/Books & Info: [email protected]
AN AWESOME/RAWSOME DESSERT:
SCRUMPTIOUS, QUICK, NO-COOK FRUIT PIE!Demonstrated and served by HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES’
Gerry and Ray Coffey
at the WORLD VEGETARIAN CONGRESS
in Edinburgh, Scotland, on July 9, 2002
- Bananas (4 – 8)
- Dates (10 –12 pitted)
- Distilled water (1/8 Cup or more as needed)
- Apples (1/2 Cup), and/or grapes, kiwi, pears, mango, berries or any other
fruit in season. (Save some strawberries and kiwi to decorate top of pie)
- In a Blender, Process dates and all but two of the bananas into a creamy
consistency, adding just enough water to keep blender moving.
- In a glass pie dish line bottom with pie crust (see below) or sliced,
over-lapping bananas (Note: "crust" is optional. It is not necessary at all if
speed and/or calories are an issue.)
- Chop Apples, Grapes, Pears, Mango or other choice of fruit into bite size
pieces and mix gently for "filling."
- Put filling in pie dish; pour blended dates and bananas mixture over it;
and decorate with star-studded slices of kiwi and/or strawberries.
A light, easy and refreshing dessert to please just about any palate.
| Home Page | Articles | Programs | Recipes |
Please feel free to write to us with your comments and questions [email protected]
This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.