Be a Voice for the Voiceless
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world” -Gandhi
Moo-ving people toward compassionate living
Campaigns - Stop Horse Drawn Carriages
Resources and Information to help end animal abuse
What You Can Do
You can help carriage horses!
Whether you live in an area where horse drawn carriage industries exist, or just a traveler to one of these cities, there are several things you can do to help the horses:
1. Do not take carriage rides – and tell your friends and family to do the same.
2. Educate people about this issue. There is a lot of information on this web site and other sites (see links) – share it with friends and family.
3. Familiarize yourself with the existing legislation that regulates this industry –i.e. learn how many people are allowed to ride in a carriage; what streets horse carriages are restricted to – and for which days and hours; the temperatures at which the horses are allowed to work.
4. Report any obvious violations, any acts of animal cruelty, and accidents if you are a witness. Also contact the ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement Department or e-mail them at email@example.com. Provide the time the incident occurred; the location; carriage license (at rear of carriage); description of the horse. If you speak with someone, get their name and ask for a report as to how the incident was resolved. If you leave a message on their voice mail; leave your contact information and ask for a call back. (***New York City: if you witness an obvious violation or animal cruelty in New York City, please also provide this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.***)
5. Write letters to the editor of local newspapers and other media resources.
6. Contact your legislators: city council members, and state and national representatives.
7. Request pedicabs as an alternative to horse drawn carriages.
8. Donate to reputable non-profit organizations working to ban horse drawn carriages, and/or reputable horse rescue groups and/or sanctuaries. (See links for recommended organizations.)
9. Learn more about educational outreach by reviewing our Animal Rights Activism Section.
10. Tell the New York ASPCA to protect carriage horses.
11. Please sign this petition to ban the carriage horse trade in NYC:
Return to Stop
Horse Drawn Carriages
Return to Campaigns
Return to Animal Rights Activism
We welcome your comments:
Fair Use Notice: This document may contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owners. We believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
All Creatures Animal Rights Article: justice, peace, love, compassion, ethics,
organizations, Bible, God, Lord, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, grass roots, animals, cruelty
free, lifestyle, hunting, fishing, traping, farm, farming, factory, fur, meat, slaughter, cattle, beef, pork, chicken, poultry, hens, battery, debeaking. Thee is also a similarity to the human aspects of prolife, pro life, pro-life, abortion, capital punishment, and war.
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Hosted Sites | Humor | Letters | Links | Nature Studies | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.