Biotechnology Companies with Complete or Important Use of Non-Animal Methods
for Drug Development:
Alternatives to Animal Testing
Animal Rights Articles
Moo-ving people toward compassionate living
Visit the all-creatures.org Home Page.
Write us with your comments: email@example.com
Alternatives to Animal Testing
Biotechnology Companies with Complete or Important Use of Non-Animal Methods for Drug Development
These are selected companies perhaps of particular interest for their potential to replace and significantly reduce animal drug testing. Many other companies can be found by searching individual company types on Google or other search engine. This is also a work in progress.
Human cells and tissues (including microarrays)
- Affymetrix (microarray industry leader): www.affymetrix.com
- Agilent Technologies (microarrays for genetic expression profiling): www.agilent.com
- APSciences (human cells system for testing toxicity and efficacy) www.apsciences.com
- Asterand, plc (post merger of Asterand, Inc. and Pharmagene, plc): www.asterand.com
- Biopta (CRO focused on “proof of concept in man”): www.biopta.com
- Hurel Corporation (animal and human tissue microfluidics test kits): www.hurelcorp.com
- InVitro International (ocular and dermal irritancy and corrosivity testing): www.invitrointl.com
- Invitrogen (animal-free cell culture media): www.invitrogen.com
- MatTek Corporation (human tissue irritancy and corrosivity models): www.mattek.com
- Stem Cell Innovations (human cell and tissue liver tox assays): www.stemcellinnovations.com
- Solidus Biosciences (“MetaChip and “DataChip” for rapid toxicity testing of human tissue)
- Tissue Therapies (human skin models for cosmetics and wound care): www.tissuetherapies.com
Bioinformatics and In Silico Methods
- BioSim (EC-established multidisciplinary network to develop in silico simulation models for cellular, physiological and pharmacological processes, to improve drug development and to decrease animal drug testing): http://biosim.fysik.dtu.dk:8080/biosim/index.jsp
- Entelos (in silico disease models and virtual patients): www.entelos.com
- Ingenuity Systems (in silico methods for drug pathways analysis): www.ingenuity.com
- Optimata (disease modeling and virtual patients for cancer and CNS): www.optimata.com
- Simcyp (human drug response modeling software and databases): www.simcyp.com
- Simugen, Ltd. (computational biology and gene expression profiling): www.simugen.co.uk
- Stem Cell Innovations (compound databases and software): www.stemcellinnovations.com
Alternatives to Animal Testing - Article Series
Return to Animal Rights Articles
The calf photo on these pages is from Farm Sanctuary with our thanks.
We welcome your comments:
Fair Use Notice: This document may contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owners. We believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
All Creatures Animal Rights Article: justice, peace, love, compassion, ethics,
organizations, Bible, God, Lord, Jesus, Christ, Holy Spirit, grass roots, animals, cruelty
free, lifestyle, hunting, fishing, traping, farm, farming, factory, fur, meat, slaughter, cattle, beef, pork, chicken, poultry, hens, battery, debeaking. Thee is also a similarity to the human aspects of prolife, pro life, pro-life, abortion, capital punishment, and war.
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Nature Studies | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.