The following questions and answers were prepared by:
Americans For Medical Advancement
Europeans For Medical Advancement
Japanese For Medical Advancement
- Didn't the polio vaccine come from animal experimentation?
- Wasn't it through lab animals that scientists discovered diabetes and developed insulin?
- Would drugs be safe for us without being tested first on animals?
- If we don't use animals, what will we use?
- What about the claim that animal experimentation is necessary because there are no other whole system models for metabolic processes other than animals?
- How can we know that medications will not cause birth defects without testing them on animals?
- Didn't all winners of the Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology experiment on animals?
- How will we combat AIDS without animal experimentation?
- How will we ever cure cancer without animals?
- Isn't it true that animals are just like people on a cellular level? They are made up of cells and don't all cells act alike?
- Don't surgeons train on animals before operating on humans?
- Don't all doctors support the concept of animal experimentation?>
- How did animal experimentation become so established to begin with?
- Since all this is true, why does animal experimentation continue?